Course Duration: 1 or 2 days
Course Prerequisite: No prerequisite course is required to register for this course.
Description: This course is designed for members, shop stewards and business agents. It can also be facilitated directly in the workplace.
This course educates participants on the right to work in a violence and harassment free workplace. More specifically to:
- Define what workplace violence and harassment are;
- Identify possible causes and impacts on victims, workplaces and on the Union;
- Determine whose responsibility it is to provide a violence and harassment-free workplace;
- Define how to support the victim;
- Define our intervention with prevention in mind;
- Determine actions to take to prevent violence and harassment in the workplace.
Registration: Please contact your Local Union for additional information on availability and scheduling of this course.