Thank you for attending this year's IBT Women's Conference in Nashville!
We hope you had a wonderful time at the Conference!
See you next year in Puerto Rico!
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911.
211 – source of information for government and community-based, non-clinical health and social services. They will connect you with the information and services you need anywhere in Canada.
Victim Services Directory – Developed by the Policy Centre for Victim Issues of Justice Canada, the VSD serves as a comprehensive resource, facilitating the search for appropriate assistance and resources to help those who have been affected by criminal activities.
Canadian Women’s Foundation – Interesting information and FAQs about gender-based violence.
Women and Gender Equality Canada – learn about actions, find resources, research, etc.
Canadian Victims Bill of Rights – The law in Canada provides protection for victims and sanctions for offenders.
Family violence – legislation by province:
- Alberta: Protection Against Family Violence Act – DV leave
- Manitoba: Domestic Violence and Stalking Act – Employment standards DV leave
- New Brunswick: Intimate Partner Violence Intervention Act – Employment standards leave (no 10)
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Family Violence Protection Act – Family violence leave policy
- Nova Scotia: Domestic Violence Intervention Act – Notification to Employer, Domestic violence leave – Leaves from work
- Prince Edward Island: Victims of Family Violence Act – Employment standards act DV
- Saskatchewan: Victims of Domestic Violence Act – Employment leaves
- Yukon: Family Violence Prevention Act – Employment standards act DV leave
Nashville is the capital of the state of Tennessee in the United States, where Vanderbilt University is located. The Grand Ole Opry House is a concert hall that has become a mecca for country music, where the famous radio show "Grand Ole Opry" is recorded. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and Ryman Auditorium are downtown, as is the District, home to honky tonks hosting music concerts, and the Johnny Cash Museum, celebrating the singer's life.
And even more!
We also invite you to discover more activities and restaurants with this Nashville Visitors Guide.